This is a recipe originally featured in a blog Isobel had back in 2012 and we’ve returned to it now we’ve started selling handy bags of cocoa nibs on our site. Enjoy!
230g butter at room temperature
150g caster sugar
1/4 tsp. sea salt ground, plus sea salt flakes to sprinkle on top
2 tsp. vanilla extract
45g cocoa nibs
240g plain flour
Makes approx 40 cookies
1. Roast your pecans in a single layer on a baking tray for about 10 minutes at gas mark 3, coarsely chop once cool.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar and ground sea salt until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the vanilla extract then mix through the chopped pecans and cacao nibs.
4. Gently fold through the flour, taking care not to overwork.
5. Turn out the cookie dough onto a square of cling film, use the film to work the dough into a roll about 2 inches wide, wrap the roll tightly in the film and chill for at least one hour.
6. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4.
7. Slice your dough into rounds about 1/4-1/2 an inch thick. Sprinkle the flaked sea salt on to the cookie rounds.
8. Bake for about 12 minutes until starting to brown around the edges but still soft to the touch. Allow to cool slightly on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool.